Hi there lovelies, long time no see. I have been testing quite a number of products the past few weeks, and since COSRX has been gaining quite a bit of attention recently, I decided to do a review focusing on this brand itself. Many followers on Instagram also asked for my opinions regarding COSRX products. Today I will share with you my opinions on the product that I have been tested for approximately 2 months now: COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid. Stay tuned for my future review for BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, and Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence.
Disclaimer: This blog is merely where I share my opinions about product that I have tried. I cannot guarantee what works for me will work for you. So please PATCH TEST all the products if you know you have sensitive skin, or stay away from those that has alcohol and strong fragrance if you cannot stand those.
Before we started, I have a confession: I am absolutely in love with COSRX as a brand. Their ingredients list is relatively short and pretty straight forwards. Products is fragrance free, paraben free and coloring free, which is a huge plus for sensitive and acne-prone skin like mine. After using their products for a while now, I am confident to say that my skin has been greatly strengthened and healing process happens much faster for the aftermath of my acne fighting, scars fade faster, skin texture is less bumpy and I am indeed a much happier girl 🙂 My goal is to finish the rest of my skincare and convert all my products to COSRX and COSRX only. Yup, I am absolutely in love. Now I shall share in details about the product that I have been tested.
COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid
Claims: (from COSRX)
AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid includes apple water containing natural AHA and Glycolic Acid. It exfoliates to deep clean the skin, relaxes pores reduces excess dead skin problems and trouble issues such as whiteheads and blackheads.
AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid clears away old dead skin cells trapped inside the pores. Works alongside vitamins, whiteners and natural moisturizer treatments. Managing dead skin cells without unnecessary stimulation. Helping skin management while creating healthier skin with more vitality. Star ingredients Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water: An alpha-hydroxy acid naturally-occurring found in sugar cane and malic acid, derived from apples, which will help to exfoliate dead skin cells, reduce the appearance of fine lines, sun damage and hyper-pigmentation, diminish the appearance of large pores and acne scarring. A great ingredient for reducing blackheads, whiteheads and troubles on skin. It even moisturizes the skin at same time as removing dead skin cells. You will find your skin is smooth, soft, and comfortable.
1) Moisture, pore control, and brightening. It immediately purifies and tones up your skin leaving is clearer and more bright.
2) Whitehead clearance. No more difficulty removing whiteheads and sebum !
3) AHA product with hyaluronic acid. It controls excessive sebum and achieves excellent moisture retention in combination with hyaluronic acid.
4) AHA for repairing skin damage. Works well for sun damaged skin. Also it is good for spots, dryness and trouble.
The product is packaged in a very simple and straightforward packaging, just like the formula itself. Even though it might deemed to be a little bit bland for my aesthetics, I honestly do not mind it that much. The functional aspects of the packaging is strong, with sturdy packaging, excellent quality pumps that is designed nicely. One pump is enough for my entire face.
Even though the product claims to have Apple Fruit Water as the first and start ingredients, I was so put off with the smell at first. The smell was so pungent and strong and definitely does not smell anything like apple. Overtime I get used to the smell a little bit, but I can’t help but stop inhaling whenever I apply this product all over my face.
How to use? (from COSRX)
1) Since this is a high concentrated formula, we recommend it to only be used in the evening. Spread lightly in areas where whiteheads and dead skin cells appear after using toner to clean skin texture.
2) Use clean hands or cotton pad to spread on the face to absorb by patting softly with fingertips.
3) If you feel severe stimulation or your purpose was just to remove whitehead and sebum, wash off after 4 to 5 minutes with lukewarm water.
4) Use essence and cream after the use of AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid. And do not forget to use sunscreen in the next morning.
5) AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid is high concentrated product. Please use a small amount on areas with whiteheads and dead skin cells. Begin with using only once a week, and after skin has adjusted, use 2 to 3 times a week to maintain clear skin without dead skin cells, sebum and whiteheads.
6) When you use AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, do not use other exfoliating products on same day.
7) After the use of AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, use serum or mask products to moisture your skin
When you utilize this product please avoid using any products that contains high level of AHA, BHA (include Betain Salicylate), Retinal, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid).
How I actually use this:
I did not want to mess with the caution, so I use this on alternate with the Blackhead Power Liquid, and notice great results. I normally use this after my toner step, when my skin is perfectly cleansed and balanced. After waiting for 20-30 mins, I move on with a hydrating essence/serum, followed by sheet mask, light gel cream and sleeping pack. It is important that other products following your acid treatment step are all hydrating to help sooth the skin after the treatment.
Do note that you need to introduce this into your skincare very slowly. I recommend once a week first, then slowly increase the frequency after your skin get used to it
It is an extremely light-weight texture that is as runny as water. The liquid absorbed onto my skin with minimal efforts, a little bit of tapping with help it absorbs much faster.
This using in conjunction with the Blackhead Power Liquid improved my skin significantly over the past 2 months. I must say, my skin has never do so well for the longest time ever. All my acnes and pimples are in control, scars are fading quick and most importantly, those funny bumpy texture on my skin is gone. Now since I use this together with the Blackhead Power Liquid, it is hard to identify which problems is solved by which products, but I believe this controls stuffs that happen more on the surface of your skin.
- This item should be taken off the market (may cause irritation)
- This item is not doing its job well
- Meh! Not good or bad
- Pretty good! Will consider repurchase unless I find something better
- I love this and cannot live without it
Yes I will, together with Blackhead Power Liquid as a duo as these are the best treatment I have found in years.
Where to get it?
Memebox 21 USD
Wishtrend 14.40 USD
Sokoglam 18 USD
I got mine here on Qoo10 Gmarket RoseRoseShop (affiliated link) (11.80 USD)
I hope this sharing help. Thank you for spending time reading my blog. Do leave a comment below so that we can share our thought 🙂
Go get that Glow,
The Glowing Chronicle
Disclaimer: I bought all of these items by myself, unless stated otherwise, and I am not paid in any way to give my feedback. This is my honest opinions for the products. For more information, check out my disclaimer.